Holiday traditions are important for families and children. There are several ways to enjoy holiday traditions and protect your health. Because many generations tend to gather to celebrate holidays, the best way to minimize COVID-19 risk and keep your family and friends safer is to get vaccinated if you’re eligible.
Here are safer ways to celebrate the holidays:
- Wear well-fitting masks over your nose and mouth if you are in public indoor settings and you are not fully vaccinated. Do NOT put a mask on children younger than 2 years old.
- Even those who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask in public indoor settings in communities with substantial to high transmission.
- Outdoors is safer than indoors.
- Avoid crowded, poorly ventilated spaces.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, don’t host or attend a gathering.
- Testing can give you information about your risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Consider using a self-test before joining indoor gatherings with others who are not in your household.
By working together, we can enjoy safer holidays, travel, and protect our own health as well as the health of our family and friends.