Managing exposure to illnesses that are easily spread is one way we can help protect our patients, staff and the community.
Effective immediately, all patients experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches or shortness of breath - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE at 716-753-7107 to be safely screened for the virus and other communicable illnesses. Do not come to the office.
At Family Health Medical Services, we know that maintaining your health has never been more critical.
With an emphasis on safety and disinfecting, we are continuing to provide the medical services our communities rely on us for. You can come to our offices and get the care you need, knowing that we're taking every precaution to get you seen quickly and safely.
Here's what you can expect from Family Health Medical Services during this time:
- Our providers will be alternating work schedules to provide access to care while allowing social distancing
- Patients and staff will be required to wear masks (cloth or surgical) while in the office.
- We have rearranged our waiting room and work spaces to help with social distancing.
- If you need assistance during your visit, we ask that the person who brings you in waits in his/her car until your appointment is over to help us limit the number of people in the clinic at any one time.
- If you have a caregiver who needs to attend the visit with you, he or she will also need to wear a mask. Please inform staff if this is the case.
- Please plan to arrive to the office 10 minutes before your appointment time. Upon arrival, each employee, patient (and caregiver, if there is one) will have their temperature taken.
- We will gather information through as many contactless ways as possible. Our nurses will contact you prior to your appointment to ask specific COVID-19 screening questions and gather any information needed for your appointment.
- We will communicate any changes as we move through this process.
If you are interested in finding out more about telehealth visits or scheduling a telehealth appointment, please contact us. If we determine that a video visit is best for you, we will provide instructions on how to prepare and begin a video visit.
Please visit the following pages for more information on COVID-19
If you are concerned about COVID-19 and would like to take an online assessment, please visit the NY Department of Health's Covid-19 Online Assessment and click "Start Assessment."