Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones this Holiday season
Respiratory virus cases, including RSV and Flu, have increased at a rapid pace. Take precautions this holiday season to protect your loved ones and those at a higher risk of complications from Flu, RSV and Covid-19.
- Stay up-to date with Covid-19 boosters and annual flu vaccine.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with viruses that cause flu.
- Consider wearing a mask when indoors or crowded settings for those looking for increased precautions to protect high risk loved ones.
For flu, CDC recommends that people stay home for at least 24 hours after their fever is gone except to get medical care or other necessities. Fever should be gone without the need to use fever-reducing medicine.